Monday, March 18, 2013

Reach

My sisters and I had a step stool when we were kids that we all loved. It stayed in our bathroom long after we needed it - it served the purpose of CD player stand in high school. When my sweet niece Victoria was born in December, I knew I wanted her to have one like it. Even though she won't need to use it for a while, I went ahead....

I started with a basic wooden stool bought with a coupon from AC Moore.

I painted the entire thing with leftover paint samples from Behr.
The base is the pink from my craft room accent wall, and the stripes are from various other projects.
I created the stripes using painters tape.

I created the poem template using my cricut cutting machine. This could also be done by printing and then cutting out print letters with an exacto blade.

I used painters tape to affix every other line to the stool, and then used a foam brush to tap the paint in. I followed up with a detail brush and cleaned up the lines.

Here is the poem:

This little stool is mine
I use it all the time
To reach the things I couldn't
And lots of things I shouldn't

I think I liked the line about shouldn't most when I was growing up. It was almost like my permission to not be perfect all the time and have fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment